Upgrading from Single CN to Double

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroxim

As a gift for my girls first birthday I was planning on getting a double level CN/FN. I would like to remove the middle pan so it's one large open cage, but I'm worried about my chins falling. What have y'all done to prevent this? What are some good ways to arrange my new cage?

I don't think it's possible to remove the middle pan. We have a CN and if I remember it was absolutly necessary to have it in place.

I don't think it's possible to remove the middle pan. We have a CN and if I remember it was absolutly necessary to have it in place.
Well with the double FN I know you can remove the middle, maybe the CN is different? I'm almost positive I've seen CN with the middle pan removed too though.

Anyways, to help prevent falls make sure you overlap things, hammocks, shelves, bridges, and/or ledges. If you check out the FN Club thread on here you can get some ideas of what others have done. Basically you just want to prevent a fall of more then about a foot (more then a foot into a hammock is ok though).

Just so you know, it is safer/less worry to just leave the middle in and use the corner opening for them to get from top cage to bottom cage (as the cage was intended), that way chin can't fall very far. It does restrict light and limits customizing some though, which is why I removed the middle pan.

i dont know about CN, but im pretty sure its possible with FN to remove the middle. Tho personally iv never wanted to do it. Not only the risk of falling, but it gives you more space to work with when its two levels.

Back