Upgrade cage guts

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilethechin23

can anyone tell me what i should add to my cage?

i know i need to get her a wheel but i want to get a chinspin so i have to save a little more though =/

was thinking about one of those squiggle bridges maybe...idk i feel like i just want to keep making it better! its addicting... i feel like i move stuff around all the time to make the most of the space and items i have...

the one thing she doesnt go in is the hangy house though =/

she loves the fleece tunnels but i still yet to see her in the house... i put a cheerio on the inside to try to bait her in but i dont think she has seen it yet.

any suggestions or comments are appreciated!

chincagephoto.jpg

Sometimes it takes them a while to try something new. When you least expect it she'll use it. Some are more adventurous than others. I have a couple that always seem to find the new stuff and the others who it seems like they old care less.

Add more toys with lots of colors.
Replace the plastic litter tray with a pyrex glass bowl.
Get a metal or wood hay holder.
Ditch the snack shack (its really bad for them due to the sugar)
You can add more shelves and color it with food grade color.
Have fun decorating. Fn and cn takes time to decorate with all the space, but when you're done it'll look amazinf

I cant quite tell, but on the second floor, left side of pic, is that one of thoes edible hut/tubes? (Like this minus the hay roof, or this)
If so, id like to point out their made with honey which is high in sugar. It took a while for me to notice, but they gave my chins some bad digestive problems.

I’d stretch a hammock across the middle to prevent falls from the very top all the way to the bottom. Even the most graceful chin falls at times and you don’t want any injuries.

And how about some hanging toys? You can hang them from the top, but also from the underside of shelves.

Back