Updated "quiet wheel"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llittlebllonde

Has anyone tried one of these wheels?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-UPGRADE...INCH-CHINCHILLA-EXERCISE-WHEEL-/191361588423?

The black piece on the back added to reduce noise is a "polymer/resin". Which I am sure is not chin safe. Wondering if perhaps it is out of reach of the chin?

Also a question about deck width. Currently my chin has one of those horrible plastic wheels and the running deck and concave shape make it 5 -5.5 inches wide. Is 4 inches really wide enough for a chin to run?

Thanks

I had one like that originally, it definitely wasn't a quiet one, mine had basically a turn plate bearings system instead of whatever that one is, but even with that one you linked I would think that piece would be completely out of the chin's reach. I really can't tell from the pics (it looks enclosed possibly?) but mine got gummed up frequently with dust, poop, pee, and hay. The 4" pan style wheel is wide enough if your chin is not big, my chins did occasionally fall off while running.

I agree with Amethyst. I had the same one she mentioned and it was absolutely awful. You could hear that thing on the other side of the house. My preference is the Chin Spin, but others have had great experience with the Silver Surfer too. They're both pricey, but they typically last the life of the chin and then some, so it's really a good investment.

Dessy has one like that. Admittedly, hers didn't tout being quiet. We can hear her going for jogs from across the house, but we learned to tune it out pretty quickly.

Back