Update =[

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guiltyby_design

FuzzButt Lover.
Well for a few days my grandpa was getting better and it was making me so happy. all kinds of his amish friends had come over to see him on tuesday. i mean there was like 50 of them at his house :) and he was doing so wonderful. but yesterday he made a change for the worse.
Thursday night he fell in the living room and they have this huge chair in there and this thing i know ways over 150lbs. It has large wood arms on it and he hit his head on one of them and he said it almost knocked him out he has a big bump =[.
well yesterday my mom had to go down to my grandparents and they said he was very confused! he was telling them he drove his truck up the road and hit a huge deer and tore of his truck! his truck stays at my house for that reason!! he was telling them he went down and messed in the garden, and my grandma said he hadn't. his friend Bobby was there yesterday and they were in the middle of a conversation and he just got up went outside and down to his work shop got a rusty pie pan and a piece of wood and told grandma to clear everything from under the sink he needed to change the switch. There is no switch under the sink.
today its alot worse then yesterday. & mom is afraid the cancer spread to his head. :cry3:
and at night he works in his sleep. By this i mean he will be talking in his sleep telling his crew what to do. (he built/remodled houses) and he isnt resting because of this!

Did he go to the emergency room after his fall? Has he seen his doctor since this change in his behaviour. I'm sorry for his decline like this. Please keep a watchful eye over him so he doesn't wander away and get hurt. I wish you all the best.

Megan, please check and see if he went to the doctor after this fall. He could have a concussion. Remind me again what type of cancer he has Megan and what stage it's in. It is possible it's moved to his brain, where they can treat it with radiation.

well we found out that he over dosed on his med's
He had them mixed up. he had his diladid mixed up with his sleeping pills. and was taking 3-4 diladid at night. plus he is on a pain pump with morphine. and no he didnt go to the doctor after he fell. my grandma didnt know he fell until the next morning when he had told her. (he wanders at night)
and im not really sure the name of this cancer. but it is a very agressive fast spreading cancer. and im not sure of the stage either. mom dont like talking about it so i dont ask.

Taking that much dilauded explains that behavior! I'm sure he will be less disoriented now that he's taking it the right way. Does he have someone dispensing the meds for him, Megan? We never let Lisa take her own meds. We got them out and gave them to her instead of her taking them. I think it really helped

my grandma has tried, but he thinks he has to do it himself.
thats the way he has always been,
he wants to go mow the lawn now. and they have like 2 acres. and one is around a deep creek! and he is bound and determined he is going to do it!
he has strong will power and i think that is what keeps him going when we let him do small things like help in the garden or things like that. he rides the four-wheeler everyday to get the mail and everything.

When my Dad, and more recently my Mother, were taking a ton of meds, we got those plastic dividers for daily and even hourly meds, and let them try to fill them correctly!
Obviously we checked them when through, but they admitted it was too much when the time came, and "let" us do them!
I thinked they liked the challenge, thinking they could do it themselves!
It's very hard to accept you can't do the things you've done all your life!!

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I'm glad you joined CnH, so aside from chins you have found people to help you during this difficult time. I'm glad you found out about the med error before he accidently overdosed to death. My mom had brain cancer and she tried to do things she couldn't do too. (hugs) Theresa

My grandpa was here when i woke up today, and it was such a wonderful suprise. He looked good as well. Tho he was trying to get us to let him take his truck home. and thats all everyone need's more worry thathes going to try to drive,Other then that after we found out about the meds he has been doing fine. and i had talked to mom about the pill dividers because they use one. and they have tried numerous times to get him to use it. but he dont want to. And ive even asked. and im papa's baby. and he said he needs to do it himself.

Yeah they can be stubborn!
We CHALLENGED them to do it - "Bet you can't do it right!"
Tell him if he gets it right for 2 weeks, you'll let him drive!
Sometimes they have to be treated like kids - it's the only way!!

Latest posts

Back