Update

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viciousalice

It seems like it's been forever since I've posted on this forum, I just feel like I have no time for anything anymore. We've FINALLY started breeding hamsters after 2 years of research and building a vet fund and my room mate will be breeding chinchillas starting the end of this year after about a year and a half of research and vet fund building. She also picked up a few chinchillas on Sunday at our local reptile show, pedigrees will be sent via email shortly, there are 2 standard grays and a pink white, all female. I'll try to get some pics up soon... have to leave for work in about 20 minuets lol.

Are you and your roomate planning to show your chinchillas? What are your goals for breeding? I'm only asking because there are a lot of homeless chins with more being surrendered daily...best to get into breeding because you are trying to create a better example of the species. It sounds like you did a lot of research...maybe you could seek out a mentor in your area? A seasoned breeder/shower to help you learn the ropes.

Reptile show? Any chin can have a pedigree, pedigrees don't equate quality or health. Find a actual quality breeder to mentor you and start out on the right foot.

Back