Update on Tainga

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

We went to the vet today, she was very curious the trip there, running around and jumping in her tiny space. Once we arrived she seemed a bit scared but, was still so active it caught everyone's attention. They all came up to her like i had a newborn baby haha.
The vet said that she was fine. He checked her teeth, eyes and nose. The discharge was gone and he said she was healthy. Once he passed her over to me she gave me a dozen kisses, as if to say,"Mommy mommy, i love you please dont ever bring me back here!" i love chinchilla kisses =o] He said that the discharge i had seen was most likely from the dust bath she had that day. I don't understand this but, he couldnt explain it to me in a way i understood. Could this be true?

what dust are you using? if it's one of those scented ones that could have been the case. IMO Blue Cloud is the best dust.

is this vet trained on chinchilla issues/exotic vet? if not, i'd get another opinion.

thats the dust i use, blue cloud. The vet claims to be an exotic vet, but mostly sees ordinary pets.

Back