Update on Buster's health

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nezhka

Hi all,
It's been a few weeks since I've posted about Buster, but mostly because the news has been less than stellar. :(
Here's a previous post about him: http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463

After he came home from the vet, I was without a working scale for a few days. When I got one, he was down 25 g from the steady 500 g he was at the vet, but I wasn't too worried. Unfortunately, over the next two weeks he just kept losing weight, no matter how much I fed him. I brought him back to the vet two days ago, who said that he may just be a "poor do-er" and not recover, but that I should try different foods and see if he likes anything more than the plain CC.

I think I've found a more palatable mixture, and he's gained 15 g since his lowest weight two days ago. I'm hoping he'll pull through...:unsure:

However, this whole ordeal has been really hard on me, and I'm currently trying to give him and Belle to a vet student I found through another chin website.

I feel kind of stupid for taking them in the first place, because I (stupidly :mad:) didn't realize it would be this hard. My other three chins have never been sick. At least Belle and Buster are better off in my home than in their previous one... :(

Oh well. Please keep my Mr. B in your thoughts and prayers.

Good luck to you and your chins. New pets can be difficult...I just hope where ever they end up they are put into good and safe hands

Back