UPDATE: Little Jimmy the crippled baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm SOOO happy!!! :hearts:

He'll feel right at home with Little Two Paws -- we have playtime on my bed!!!

While I was telling hubby about Jimmy's ordeal last night and telling him about Lynn's Little Two Paws...he said, "Hey! They could have a chinchilla special olymics!" :rofl: Wouldn't they be cute?!?!

LMAO, Laura!!

He's doing great today, Claire! He's been taking his formula like a champ and munching on hay throughout the night. He likes to let people know he's a good pooper so he's still pooping near constantly which I prefer. A pooping baby makes a happy mom! It's a little early to tell anything for certain, but he does appear to be moving better now that he isn't dragging all that dead weight, just his chubby little butt! I can't wait to weigh him when I get home...he is looking to be quite the tubbers right now. :D

WOO HOO!!! Stay strong, Little Jimmy!!!

I'm so glad he made it through the night apparently pain free!!!

When can we see some new pictures or videos of the little champ???

It'll have to be later tonight when I get home, Lynn! I brought my camera with me and took some videos and pictures...but left my cord to upload them to my computer at home. Sometimes, I wonder where I left my brain! :D

So...I'm still not home, but I got a call from Tyson telling me my dog got a hold of my camera cord and destroyed it. I was extremely upset but my wonderful sister has had a million Canon cameras and went on a mission to find me a cord. She literally jumped up and raced upstairs and was ripping apart her room to find me a cord, lol. So...I went ahead and uploaded Jimmy stuff and I'm going to post them!

Nom noming before surgery...
IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

His little legs after the surgery!
IMG_1463.jpg

MAJOR stink eye, lol
IMG_1464.jpg

Nom noming on hay again last night!
IMG_1468.jpg

And two videos...

This one shows how well he's getting around even shortly after his surgery!

This one is just to show his cute nom noms! He doesn't really use his front paws and he gets mad at the dish pretty often for being in his way, lol.

Back