Uhm... Hello I guess :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova

Pro Poop Picker-Upper
I've been here for quite a while, but I thought I would introduce myself.
I have a 1 year old chinchilla, who was born in March. The store I bought her from specializes in exotic animals, and Mabel was one of 2 chinchillas for sale. When I arrived, her brother was gone. The store told me she was a standard gray, but further investigation said she was NOT a standard gray (thanks to the members of chins n' hedgies) more likely a silver Mosaic or recessive white. Mabel is very small for a chinchilla, but she is healthy!
They had her on Kaytee food, which I figured she didn't like as when I started adding the oxbow, she got excited about her food. She eats a mixture of the compacted oxbow hay, and the Zu Preme hay. Mabel enjoys making a mess by dragging the compacted hay around the bottom of her cage, and then pulling it to her wheel to dine. She will only eat hay on her wheel, so lucky for her they are close.
Mabel lives in a critter nation cage, with a silver surfer wheel. I enjoy the fleece A LOT more than the bedding. Mabel has discovered she hates the feeling of plastic, thank goodness, so when I switch her fleece she jumps on her house and waits for the fleece to come back. Mabel loves sleeping in her fleece tunnel I made for her.
Mabel loves to cause trouble, such as knocking down every bottle in her playroom/bathroom. She also loves the toilet paper and grabs it just to pull it around all over the bathroom.
So that's it! I do have other pets, 2 dogs, Alta and Kona, 1 cat, Kiska, 3 horses, Egypt, Chloe, and Bell, along with a small ranch of cattle.
xoxo

Back