uh...surprise! What are the odds?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arf2184

Katniss had a Black Velvet little boy!

I brought her home from the field day at Ronda's on April 17th. According to Ronda's records, the male had access to her since November 7th of last year. If she bred the day I brought her home from Ronda's, she would have been due August 6th. What are the odds of that happening?

I know he wasn't in there on Sunday. He was hiding under his mom and I almost missed him today. He looks to be a day or two old though so we'll say he was born on the 8th.

He's a pretty good size! I'm excited to see how he turns out. Mom is a Black Velvet (NBWC-S71, from Shoots and Somavia lines), and dad is a standard, CLP-1195.

Took a couple quick pics...

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8981.jpg

He is a cutie,
As for giving green grass that is an easy way to give your chinchillas diahreah and parasites IMPO.

LOL - yep, that's happened to me several times - especially when I sell an animal!!!

Congrats on the cuttie - Oh, and that's CLP-119S - he's from Canada and they put the year after the #.

Ronda

Thanks Ronda! That makes more sense.

Will you be coming to our show next month? I'll help you groom if you do. I only have three of my own to show.

Don't have any of this baby, but here's Anya...born August 11th.

Attachments

• anya.jpg
    anya.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 17
  • anya (2).jpg
    anya (2).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 14
Can't believe I missed this thread! Those are some serious odds, that happens when I buy Ronda's chins too...

One of my standard girls I just got from Ronda in June (2011) just had a standard baby on 9-1-11 :) So happy! Keeping him to see how he turns out :)

Back