UGH

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombiezeatbrain

Philosophically inclined?
I'm so mad. I cannot believe what I found online yesterday evening.

So I was browsing through the chinchilla tag on Tumblr last night like I usually do, when I stumbled across a photo set of a chinchilla "smoking" (basically holding and chewing on) a joint. I'm actually not sure that it's just ONE chinchilla, it's hard to tell because the three photos are black and white but it looks to me as though its the same chin.

Naturally, I freaked out.

Because even if I were to give the photographer of these absolutely lovely photos the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was not actually marijuana inside the rolling paper, it wouldn't matter because it is clearly lit. Smoke is evident in the photos. So not only is that completely detrimental to their respiratory system but it also boasts the threat of burning the chin.

But the worst part is that out of the 20 notes that it got, not ONE person was able to recognize that there was something SERIOUSLY wrong with the photos. People would reblog it saying "omg i wish i could teach my chinchilla to do this".

I CAN'T EVEN CONCEIVE OF THE FACT THAT PEOPLE ARE THIS STUPID. I REALLY CAN'T. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

I reblogged the post and attached a huge rant. I also tried contacting the source of the post/photos (I will link at the bottom of this post) but have recieved no reply.

Here is the link to the original source post:
http://julesrosset.tumblr.com/post/26280894706

Sigh. Any thoughts?

I'm wondering if the pictures were not photoshopped? Some of them don't look quite right to me. Looks like the chin is exhaling in one of the pictures, would a chin even know how to do that? I would assume if something is lit the chin is going to run and not hold it like that.

my first thought was that they are photoshoped as well. just the fact that they are all in black and white is kind of a give away, since it would be a lot easier to make the layers blend together and look more realistic if it were done in black and white. personally I find it to be distasteful but I doubt that its a real photo so I guess there's likely no real harm done.

my first thought was that they are photoshoped as well. just the fact that they are all in black and white is kind of a give away, since it would be a lot easier to make the layers blend together and look more realistic if it were done in black and white. personally I find it to be distasteful but I doubt that its a real photo so I guess there's likely no real harm done.

i thought so too about the black and white thing until i discovered that his entire blog is his photography and it's all black and white :/

it's completely photoshopped blk white aside the smoke is a add onher specially in the Picture where the chin sits on the hand and in the cage besides the chin is likely to be holding/chewing on a piece of paper rolled like a joint

Last edited:
I really don't think it's real. Chinchillas rarely breathe from their mouths, I highly doubt that it would exhale smoke from its mouth!

Also, the first picture has smoke going in 2 directions... one going up and the other going sideways.

This turned my stomach a bit, I'll admit. I hope the photos are fake.... but I'm not one to be able to tell.

Even if it's fake, it's disgusting. People can be so stupid, they'll think it looks like a good idea - remember those boys in Colorado who saw a YouTube video and decided it would be cool to set one of themselves on fire?
If even one idiot decides it would be fun to blow smoke at their chin it would be unforgivable. And depicting animals doing something like that is cruel.

Even if it's fake, it's disgusting. People can be so stupid, they'll think it looks like a good idea - remember those boys in Colorado who saw a YouTube video and decided it would be cool to set one of themselves on fire?
If even one idiot decides it would be fun to blow smoke at their chin it would be unforgivable. And depicting animals doing something like that is cruel.

100% agree! even if it's photo-shopped, there's that whole 'monkey see, monkey do' mentality out there, and these photos could result in chins being subjected to smoke (cigarettes or 'otherwise'), and that is a big no no!

Latest posts

Back