Two Chins--One Wheel?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinwawa

Besotted Chinchilla Lover
I just got two rehome girls. They came with a Ferret Mansion cage. I will be modifying the cage gradually with new shelves and houses.

Right now they are running in two metal mesh wheels. Poor girls have to arch their backs to run.

I am thinking of getting a Chin Spin for them as I am doubtful they will learn to run on a Flying Saucer.

My question is: if they are used to having two wheels do you all think I can get away with one or should I just order two and put one on each side of the cage?

Would they fight over one wheel or learn to share and wait for their turn?

I've a trio that the male will hog the wheel, and push the females off!
Had to take it out, as the male was loosing a lot of weight.
I've seen others 'share', though, and not really fight - just kinda push the other off if they want on - goofy critters!

My 2 pairs were fine sharing one wheel. Now I have a trio sharing one wheel.. so far they've been good taking turns, lol.

I just purchased two Chin Spins. I don't want them to have any reason to start to fight as I would not want to have to separate them.

Their cage is roomy enough for me to put one wheel on both sides. I will enjoy seeing them run at the same time.

I know how bad those metal wheels are. They have never had anything different for 6 years. I am looking forward to seeing how they respond to the new wheels.

The people who had them didn't abuse them on purpose they just took the easiest path with the Ferret Mansion set up and never learned anything better.

I gave them their first ever apple twigs yesterday. I found the bark chewed off today. Each and every thing I do for them is a new experience. So far so good.

Will update about wheel use after I install them.

Latest posts

Back