Twitching

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily&Lucy

Some times when out to play my chinnies will do this twitchy thing I took a video of it tonight and was wondering if anyone else has chinnies that do this. Usually it lasts longer than in this clip and she usually hops/runs around while doing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CWd7FXN1M

That's an excited chinny! :D

She is scrabbling at the floor to make dust (or there is some there and she has found it) and then rubbing her face in approximation of dusting. Then she is half popcorn hopping - looks like she is thoroughly enjoying herself to me. :)

I agree with Claire, that spasmodic jumping is "popcorning." Happy little chinnies do it.

Yes! Sesame does this too!! This type of twitching happens right when she gets excited.

My chin also does a weird zonked out twitch thing too, but it's more of a rocking back and forth motion. We used to worry a lot about these sort of movements, but it just seems to be the norm for her. As long as the diet, temperature of the environment, toys/chews, poos are good, she can do all the weird things she wants to do... just as long as she's healthy.

Back