Tummy Issue?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AznTiger

Good afternoon all,

These past few days I began to worry about Tum Tum and Bam Bam (both males). Again, I wana introduce myself: Connie =D

Lets start off simple. Tum Tum is 2 years old now. Bam Bam is 6 months old now.

These past 3 days, I brought them out for playtime more than usual. Like at least once a day rather than my daily every other day since i had more time.

As I was playing and watching them, Tum tum seems more active to run around. Bam Bam will run around a bit and then sit still for a while. If I go up to him, he will just LAY there. Sometimes he will start running again and then after a few minutes, he again lays there like a cute little cat relaxing or something.

So I began to wonder if there may be an issue with Bam Bam's tummy. They both poop and eat ALOT and thankfully I can tell only cause the size of the poop still is a little different. However, I do not see Bam Bam drinking all the time.

So here is where I got more worried. Tum Tum's belly is not firm. Its squishy in a sense. Bam Bam's tummy on the other hand feels pretty firm, more towards kinda hard. Its hard to tell in a way but feeling Tum Tum and then Bam Bam, Tum Tum's tummy is softer.

I been reading threads and online sites on symptoms and so on. Theres no stretching, no teeth grinding. Tum Tum is fed treats every over day. Bam Bam doesn't get treats yet. I can see Tum Tum eating hay, pellets, and drinking water. I see Bam Bam eating Hay and Pellets, but I never see him drinking water even though I assume he is considering they need water.

So Im wondering if there are other signs I should be thinking about. I do not recall that Bam Bam's tummy was hard when I 1st received him in March so I am worried that since both my chins have a different softness in their tummies, that something is wrong?!?!? :wacko:

I worried and still monitoring. I feel like I should go to the vet to be sure...But I wanted some opinions and experience to aid me to see what needs to be done. Thanks!

Last edited:
you can go to walmart and buy baby gas drops. Give one dropper full. You can also do belly massages. She might be bloated or have gas.. If it continues, I would take her to the vets. :)

sounds good. i mean there eating and pooping definitely. I will be on constant look this whole day. belly massages are done in a circular motion?? I just cant tell who is the one I should be worried about. Tum Tum or Bam Bam. is baby gas drops safe for chins?

Yes, Circular motions about every 2 hours. Baby gas drops(simethicone drops) are safe for chins :)

Back