~tube for chins, recomended length?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~SG~

Orchestrating Chaos
I got some PVC pipe to make the tubes for chins this morning.
What is the recommended length they like? or should I just make a few different lengths and see who likes what?

Thanks for the help!

If your chins are in the same cage, they will probably both try to squeeze in the same tube. I made 15" long tubes for my cages which have 2 chins in them, for only one chin, 10" will do. If you have the room in your cage you could always do more than one tube. They really love them

In the larger cage I could do multiple tubes but in the smaller probably one have room for one unless I take out a shelf. Right now it's one chin to a cage but I am currently looking for cage mates for each and a bigger cage.

Thanks for the advice!

I have two tubes in my cage -
One is 10 inches long which is what I think most owners use and the other is 14 inches long. I had bought a 24" inch piece and Home Depot only would make 1 cut for me :(

My chins use both equally as much and may even like the 14" better so they can cuddle. I always see one head and someone else's tail! :D

Mine are 8" and I have one 12". They don't seem to care what size they are...but my chins are all under 600 g too, so bigger tubes might be more comfortable for bigger chins.

I have two tubes in my cage -
One is 10 inches long which is what I think most owners use and the other is 14 inches long. I had bought a 24" inch piece and Home Depot only would make 1 cut for me :(

My chins use both equally as much and may even like the 14" better so they can cuddle. I always see one head and someone else's tail! :D

ROFL!!
Got a pic of that??

Can a Mod add a poll to this for me with different length options?? I tried but I can't edit the post and I didn't want to spam the board with two threads on the same subject.

Keep in mind you dont want the tubes too small in the width dept. I know you have AC but that isnt going to matter when they are in thick PVC pipes. They can get warm.

Back