trying to bond chinchillas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoxoimhers

<-- chin-chin daddie!! &#9829;
i have 2 chinchillas that are already bonded they been together for over a year and we recently just got another little chin. 1 of the older ones dose not really mind the new chin they can actually play for a while then the older one starts to get mad at the little one, and the other older one we have is just angry all the time is there anyway we can help them get used to each other we are doing to cage swapping so they get used to the scent is there anything else we can try??

I would hesitate to attempt to introduce a third chin to an already bonded pair. That can just be asking for trouble. It could end up making the original pair fight and you could end up needing 3 separate cages.

Did you do a 30 day quarantine on the new chin so that potential illness was not introduced to your 2 older chins?

Both of the trios that I have attempted have failed. In both cases, chin number 3 was younger. (In one case, the younger chin was chewed up pretty badly.) Personally, I would not attempt it. By throwing a third chin into the mix, you risk messing up the bond with the older ones. Just my 2 cents...

Latest posts

Back