Trouble with switching pellets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyWife

So I decided to change my one chin's pellets since I realized the ones I have been given him have been of pretty poor quality. I've been adding Mazuri slowly to his bowl but he just keeps picking out the Mazuri and leaving the old pellets. I know it's a good thing for him to like the Mazuri but I'm worried about his GI system. Should I just keep continuing to do this? I feel like he won't even eat the other pellets know, I just find them all over the ledge

He isnt eating them anyway.........at this point just do a cold switch. if you are concerned with the GI tract.......you could always add a probiotic sprinkled on his food. also i wouldnt make any other changes at this point that way if you notice his stool changes you will be able to identify for sure what the problem is.

This is the only place I've seen where people are casual about talking about and watching poop. We even get into descriptions of poop... Isn't it amazing what we will do for our fur balls?

Ronda

i belong to a few aquarium forums (been doing the fish thing for almost 4 years now), and health issues with fish can sometimes be detected by what their feces look like, so talking poop is nothing new to me, lol!

The same thing is going on with me.
I am switching from the breeder's food to Oxbow, and he always digs out his food and eats the old food. I also have a little of Mazuri and gave it to him to see if he would eat it. He did, but then he just went back to his old food.
Should I just do a cold switch to Oxbow or should I wait?
(I've had him for almost a week)

Latest posts

Back