Trouble in Paradise

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoSerene

So Pringle is doing very well, healthy and eating a lot. He is seven weeks old today. But over the last week, I have heard him crying out as if he is upset and then found him cowering in the bottom corner of the cage. I'll try to coax him out, but he definitely seems frightened. The female has always been a bit aggressive in general, but has been a pretty sweet mother until recently. Should I remove him early and place him in his own cage? Or is this totally normal chin behavior?

Seven weeks is okay for removal from mom. If she's being aggressive, you definitely don't want to leave them together. Just monitor his eating and bathroom habits, make sure he's doing the usual chin things.

Great, thank you for the reassurance. She now seems to have calmed down a bit, so I will keep an eye on them. However, he and DaddyPuff get along very well in the play pen, so I will put them together next week if not sooner.

Latest posts

Back