Trixie Pet Products??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRose

I happened upon this product line awhile ago and I was wondering if anybody had heard of it and what they thought about it. As far as I can tell they are based in the UK but do have a local distribution center in Texas. Here is the website:

http://www.trixiepet.com/trE/a/newLayout/index.html

If you go to the "Rodents" Tab at the top of the page and then it will show a drop down menu, choose "Rodent Homes and Hay Nests". And then on page two of this section is where I am actually looking. They are really cute homes but they don't mention what type of wood they use, only that its safe to chew on and is untreated. Thought maybe some of our UK members on here might know more about it?

It looks like pine but your best bet would be to contact them. Honestly, my chewers would have that thin house chewed up in a day or two. I would highly recommend a thicker house :)).

They aren`t made from Pine as they are from China and it`s a type of wood from there. I will have to look up the name. I had some trixie items when I had my store.

They are held together by nails, pretty large nails. I have a couple of trixie houses and I use them at playtime and don`t have them in cages.

I was looking at that big gnaw stone and that suspension bridge but not totally sure if I like the bridge all that much. It looks like it would be a challenge for the chins to stay on. What does everyone else think?

I have one of the 'log' houses for my hamster. The outside is very splintery. The inside is like pine but I'm not sure what it is. Yes, Trixie rodent toys/housing that are made of wood are quite thin & I think my chinchilla would finish it in less than a day. I wouldn't recommend them for chinchillas, but hamsters yes.

I have asked them, and they told me that a kind of Chinese Pine and made in China. That makes me have question, is that pine safe for chinchilla? I have heard of that pine is posion to chinchilla, but krilled dried pine is safe.

Back