Tripods and Wheels

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obcsed

I have a young male that is missing one rear foot, just the foot. He is very energetic and can run, jump and popcorn with the best of them. The missing foot doesn't slow him down a bit. He lives in a FN 141 with lots of shelves padded with pillows. I keep him well supplied with chew toys to keep him occupied and he gets an hour of playtime nightly. However, I was wondering what the pros and cons are for getting him a wheel. I know he would use it but I worry about him irritating his stump.

I think that it would depend on what his nubbin looks like...is it furred, or just smooth skin???

Little Two Paws' nubbin is very tender pink skin that gets irritated from time to time even though everything in his cage is covered with fleece. If he had a wheel, I fear that he would rub it raw the very first minute he was on it.

He has only ever had 2 paws, and he has never had a wheel, so he doesn't miss either. Many chins live happily without wheels...especially if they get out of cage playtime.

Dante is a 17 year old tripod from birth, he always had a wheel and uses it with no problems.

Good to know, I have a tripod in with three other males and never even thought about it, we are planning on getting a chin spin soon for the cage. Mine is missing a front one so hopefully it wouldn't cause any problems.

Ah! Great thread, i was just thinking if I could get the Wee Ones a wheel or not, even just for playtime!

Latest posts

Back