Tribble hates me :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pikaia

Gonna keck your butt ;)
Ok, maybe hate is a strong word- but he has been a little moody these past couple days!! He is 5 months old. Today, he was waiting at his cage for playtime (like he usually does) and he usually just jumps onto my hand and away we go. Today he was so crabby. He didn't want me touching him! I got him and put him in the playpen and he kinda gave me the stink eye and sat for about 15 mins looking kinda depressed. Now he is running around and jumping from shelf to shelf. Do your chins go through mood swings like this or is this something with males and their age? I know they go through a teenage phase of some sorts....

A funny little question: Do your chins keck when you touch their butt? LOL.. For example, I touch his back to scoop him up and he kecks! He has never liked it.. even the first few days he was born. Is this normal?

I just miss my lovey little boy :(

Last edited:
My female girl has been like this lately...I think it's just the teenage stage. *Sigh*

I think it's that teenage stage or terrible two's as I've hear some people call it, my youngest chin is 6 months now but for the past month she hasn't wanted me touching her, would bite and would basically just be a brat haha. I didn't try to pick her up and instead just pulled up a chair by the cage (fn 142) opened the door and let them jump onto my lap if they wanted to. Be patient, I've just noticed her starting to be more like she was when I first got her. Try just fiddling/cleaning his cage and totally ignoring him, getting him to come to you. Good luck :)

Thanks Cookie and Mikayla. After he went back into his cage and was left alone for a couple hours, he actually came around. I guess they have mood swings just like us... ;)

My guy just turned 5 months a week ago. He seemed to do the same thing. On Sunday, when I opened his cage so he could come out for a little bit of playtime, he just sat on a shelf and stared at me. After a half hour I gave up and put everything away. Then he started jumping around and popcorning in his cage and wanted out. He has been his normal self the last few days though.

One of my chins is really picky about the time of day for playtime. She wants to come out after 9:30 pm and that is THAT! If I try to bring her out even a half hour early, she gives me her moody, diva look and refuses to budge. A half hour later, she's ready to go. My other chinchilla could care less what time it is, anytime is a good time to play as far as she's concerned. Maybe you have a diva on your hands too?

A funny little question: Do your chins keck when you touch their butt? LOL.. For example, I touch his back to scoop him up and he kecks! He has never liked it.. even the first few days he was born. Is this normal?

:(

Hahaha....I found my chin's soulmate! :kiss:My D'Artagnan does that too. I have NEVER been allowed to touch his butt while in his cage. He whips around and kacks at me. Although out of the cage it doesn't seem to bother him so much...

just wondering but what do you mean by kack? my guy doesnt like being picked up at all and the only thing that he does when i try to swoop him up is give me a warning bite.

Hahaha....I found my chin's soulmate! :kiss:My D'Artagnan does that too. I have NEVER been allowed to touch his butt while in his cage. He whips around and kacks at me. Although out of the cage it doesn't seem to bother him so much...

Haha! Aww, too bad they can't get together for a playdate! :D

By kacking, they give this little warning bark. It kinda sounds like "keck!"

ohh rocko's never done that. all he will do is move away from my hand, push my hand away, or give me a little warning bite. there was only one time i actually felt the bite but it didnt break skin or anything.

Back