Traveling with chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artgirl247

I'm planning on getting my chin a bigger cage soon, and as I take an hour drive every weekend or every other weekend to my boyfriends house. We were wondering if we brought her old cage there would it be too much stress for her to accompany me on these trips? If not I would like to get her a nice traveling carrier. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Have one cage at home, one at the boyfriends and use a travel carrier to shuttle her. Chins do fine traveling, mine do every weekend and they also go on camping trips.

Chins camping? Can you tell me more? I would love to go but ever since I got the furballs we haven't gone... Details!! Please!

We travel with our chinchillas and they even do well with new people when introduced properly. We use travel cages with metal bars that we cover or place in another carrier. We also have a play pen for them to have out time in so that it's familiar. I actually think having the cage at your boyfriends is a great thing because she'll be happier there. My boys miss their cages when we travel and always lose a few grams because of it.

Back