Toys I made from Apple wood

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrissysChins

My parents have all these Apple trees so I decided that I would cut a few branches and make some toys and sticks for my chinnies. Well let me tell you... I have to give you all credit who do this daily. After all the preparing of the wood and the drilling of the holes it took me hours and I mean hours! I would rather just buy them.
I will admit that my chins do love there new toys,ect so in the long run it was worth my time!

Last edited:
Awesome toys, and yes, it is a lot of work....I sometimes make some, and usually buy them....but when my daughter and I make them together it is such a feeling of accomplishment despite all the work, don't you think?
its kind of the same as knitting your own sweater instead of buying one....lol
lots of work, probably cost a fortune in wool, but the PRIDE of making it yourself is wonderful.....:)

you did a great job on the toys! i agree, it is so exhausting prepping & baking the wood. but i love that my chinnies appreciate all my hard work when i see a nice pile a wood scraps!

Latest posts

Back