Toy suggestions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kraucci

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this should have gone in here or in the behavior area, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place!

I've been getting my chin's toys, chews, and treats from Petco as long as I've had him (almost 3 years). Their variety has been lacking for a while now, so I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of stores (preferably online) I could mix it up with for a reasonable price (I'm too nervous to find random things on my own in case they're not actually chin-safe!) and maybe even just switch to all together. He loves loofah toys and that crunchy corn husky stuff the most. And of course branch balls. I haven't seen the corn husk toy in a a very long time, so I'd love to find something similar.

Please and thank you as always!

Check out the banner ads and classifieds on here for chin supply vendors, they are people on this forum so you are getting chin safe stuff. The vendors on here you can generally also get a lot more for less money then you spend at the pet store, especially if you buy toy parts and make your own.
Just so you know most treats at pet stores are not chin safe, just because they have a chinchilla on the box/bag does not mean they are safe. Also corn and corn products should be avoided, corn can grow a mold on it that is deadly to chinchillas. Since your chin likes the crunchy stuff, try palm leaf toys and/or bamboo crunchers (finger traps), both have a similar texture to corn husk and my guys love those.

Thank you! Not real corn, by the way! Just the shape of a corn. I couldn't think of how to explain the husks because they look like real husks, but more papery.

Latest posts

Back