Toy Amount

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

I recently bought a bundle of toys I'll be giving to my chin post-foot surgery for more enrichment (he'll have no wheel, playtime, and no ledges at all) and a distraction from his sutures. The bundle has 20 vine balls, 15 poplar slices, and two 14-inch garlands. He'll also have access to two lava ledges, broken up pumice stones, and his daily stick. Will that be enough, or should I get more? I'm not sure how long his recovery will take, but hopefully not long since it's just removing a small abscess. I will also have to wait a bit before getting more toys since the bundle was quite pricey.

It's hard to say, it depends on how quickly your chin goes though toys. For example, some chins go through 2" vine balls in minutes, others a couple days. My guess, assuming no complications, recover will be at least a couple weeks, the vet should be able to give a better estimate though. So does that seem like a couple weeks worth of toys based on your chin's chewing habits?

It's hard to say, it depends on how quickly your chin goes though toys. For example, some chins go through 2" vine balls in minutes, others a couple days. My guess, assuming no complications, recover will be at least a couple weeks, the vet should be able to give a better estimate though. So does that seem like a couple weeks worth of toys based on your chin's chewing habits?
Probably, he seems to go through toys slower than his brother, so I'll just make sure his brother doesn't steal his toys by giving him some too. I can also get a few more toss toys and the palm leaf shredder like you suggested if we ever get low. It's just the fact that right now I definitely can't get more.

Latest posts

Back