Tornado Kit?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaitieBug

I live on the edge of Tornado Alley and it's not too uncommon we need to get in the basement and camp out for a night (nothing ever happens but just in case, ya know). The safest room in the house is the laundry room. There isn't much space so I can't put another cage in there plus I honestly don't have enough money at the time to buy/build one. Any tips on that? Also, I'm going to build a little kit with food and stuff...what should I put in it? I plan on keeping it in a backpack with my other "survival stuff" that I've never even looked at since I made it and shoved it under my bed. It's not useful so let's make it useful. Obviously pellet food, how should I approach hay? Water? Should I put other things in there? I don't have a first aid kit and I don't know squat about what to put in it or how to use the stuff I put in it. :unsure:

I really need help with this! I'm not too worried about a tornado rather if a stray piece of debris flies through my window it could scare him to death (even though he hasn't been scared of much since his arrival including my two dogs and cat :hilarious: ) or the debris hits him :(

Thanks for the help in advance! <3

for a night I think a carrier would be ok. A bigger cage would obviously be nicer, but an all metal carrier like Ryerson's would probably be ok for a night. You dont want anything plastic or bad to chew on. I would get some hay cubes, pellets, and plenty of chews. Maybe fleece for the bottom of the carrier or bedding for comfort and a chinchiller because sometimes those storms get warm and the power goes out. (I always have extras in the refridgerator) You'd need a water bottle, but could probably grab the one from the cage when you get the chin if you dont want to get a spare.
Im not sure about what first aid you'd need for the chin in a tornado situation. Thats different than even normal chin first aid kits- maybe somebody else can chime in.

Latest posts

Back