TOO Hot?! She was barking!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie'sMum

Nutz over Chins
Ok so for turkey day, we drove to Dallas from Houston and brought Millie along. She's fine, eating, dusting, taking treat, plays in the bathroom. But this early morning, I woke up to her barking at me, her cage is two inches from me in the bed. I started freaking out, bc I realized I was hot and really worried she was over heating. She barked at me while standing/sitting on her hind legs...not really moving too much. I said the **** with it and moved her cage in front of the low window and opened the window all the way, shut the vent which I thought was pushing A/C, but maybe it was pushing heat...and the door was shut in this tiny room, so the cold air would eventually envelop the room. I felt the granite slab I have in her travel cage and it was def room temp or warm. But after 3-5 mins the room was really chilling down bc it was about #5-40 degrees outside. She started munching on hay and pellets and I gave her a cheerio. I watched her for about 30 mins lying next to her cage and she seems to be fine, like nothing happened. Just wondering if any of your chins warn you of when it gets too hot??? That was 12 hrs ago and she is great...Kept the window open and the door shut to keep the air in there.

Back