Too happy to not show 'em...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooper

"Ellie Mae"
There wasn't a place for this, but I had to share. One of my ratty girls was pregnant when I got her (surprise) and she had her babies yesterday. I now have 10 healthy little pinky babies!

Attachments

• pinkies 019.jpg
    pinkies 019.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 205
  • pinkies 024.jpg
    pinkies 024.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 182
  • pinkies 020.jpg
    pinkies 020.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 178
  • pinkies 025.jpg
    pinkies 025.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 180
  • pinkies 029.jpg
    pinkies 029.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 211
Cute!

Be mindful of MegaColon in high white rats (Like your blazed momma). It puts bubs at risk, so you should just keep an eye out for symptoms as they age.

Can't wait to see pics of them as they grow!

Aw, they are so cute! Momma rat is adorable as well. My gerbils just had babies yesterday too! 7 of them! Its exciting!

omg! Wow, what a load! They are so cute! CongRATS! LOL!

That seems like a large litter for such a little critter!!! Is 10 normal, or a bit on the high side???

They are so cute; they look like little moles. When do their eyes open and when do they grow their fur???

Congratulations!!!

congrats! and momma is a beauty!

i wish i could have a pet rat, but i live in a 'rat free' province, and that includes keeping them as pets. ugh.

10 is a little on the high side for a litter, but still normal. They open their eyes at about 2 wks., day 4 you can tell the colors by the skin and day 7 they get fuzz.

I know this is about them cute little pinkies.. but I just want to say that I really really think mom is CUTE!

Day 7

Day 7 and now they have peach fuzz!!

Attachments

• new stuff 001.jpg
    new stuff 001.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 149
  • new stuff 002.jpg
    new stuff 002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 123
  • new stuff 004.jpg
    new stuff 004.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 131