Today's interesting chinchilla events

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Katsu showed off his intelligence of levels again. I started removing stuff from the top level for cleaning so he went to the bottom level. I put Aime in the pen to dust bathe and went to catch Katsu and empty the lower level. Katsu came flying up from the bottom, bounced through the hole, and immediately went boing in to the air again. Half way up you could tell something did not go right and he landed in an ungraceful splat where the house usually sits. I think he boinged without being observant of the loss of their large house and intended to land on it. At least he was easy to scoop up while sitting there in confusion.

Keck decided her cage should not be cleaned. When squeaking at me every time I picked up a toy did not work she decided to grab my hand. I had to clean the cage with a small chinchilla hanging off it. Keck enjoys attention so long as it does not result in being removed from her cage or things taken from her. She mostly prefers when interaction results in wheat cereal.

Zip fell out of his cage twice. He's energetic and bouncy. He also likes to burrow under his fleece. I forgot to put back the brick that was holding the corner down and he pulled all the bottom tray fleece to the front. I went to shove it back and he went careening around the cage until he ran right out the door under my arm. Just a few minutes ago we were doing our nightly check and treat time. The bars on Zip's cage are too narrow to fit many items or fingers through so I opened the door. I was trying to get him to realize I had a treat and stop bouncing around when he went to bounce against the door. Of course with no door he flew out again but this doesn't seem to phase him any. He hits the ground running. Luckily that usually just means running straight in to the closet where he can be cornered.

Back