Tired Chin... I am worried about him!!!

• Thread starter danielleleigh88
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

danielleleigh88

OK... my chin Paulo is really tired and sleepy after or during play. He basically lies on his belly with his head down and just sits there. Is he just pooped out from the excitement or is he sick? He acts like a normal energetic chinchilla when usually playing. My other chin Pedro never lies on his belly and basically passes out during play. Paulo is also not AS intrested in treats recently... Am I totally freaking out for no reason or is my chin sick?!?

Thanks,
Danielle

how long is he out for play?
how warm is the room?
a couple of my boys lay dramatically in cage.........others are just normal.

My chin is about 8 months old... I guess I will just keep an eye on him. I let him out about an hours or so every night...

Tapi is about that age and he plays until he's soo tired he passes out on his side. From far away, he looks dead and it's scares me sometimes. I find he lying on his wheel, ears red (even though it's so cold in my room i"m in 3 layers), with his head hanging off the side, limp. Terrified me the first time.

Lady, our youngest chin, is about the same age and also flops over when she's exhausted herself. I wouldn't worry about it unless the chin becomes lethargic and spends most or all of its time laying down.

Back