Tiling the cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilliPepper

Hi, I am starting a build project and I like the idea of using tile on the shelves so I don't have to be sanding down shelves all the time. My boys pee when and where they like. My question is this- how would I seal the spaces between the tiles and also between the tile and wall of the cage? And lastly, would I use a certain kind of glue to secure the tiles? I plan to get 12x12 tiles for the bottom and middle shelves and then smaller ones for perches. one tile will need a notch cut in it for a jump hole.
I would appreciate any feedback. Current plan dimensions are for 4 feet tall, 24 inches wide and 24 inches deep. Also planning a pull out pan and a drawer in the base to hold feed and bedding. The husband wants the cage enclosed on 3 sides, but I would like to put some vents on the sides and top.

i think if you pushed the tiles smack dab next to each other so it made a tight fit that you wouldn't need anything secure them and that would also work with the spaces too. there wouldn't really be any.

and for shelves, i think if you did wood and put like a little edge on them on the three sides that aren't touching the cage. then you should be able to put a tile right in there.

Latest posts

Back