Tile Floors in Ferret Nation?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkpiggy1989

'No they're not bunnies'
For over the past year, I have been using fleece liners. I've heard here and there about people using tiles, but never thought much of the idea. After giving it more thought, it seems like it would be easier to clean, and help keep the chinnies cool in the approaching warm weather.

My only question is, how do I make it a solid slab of tiles? Kinda hard to explain, but I want it to be where there are no spaces in between the tiles so I can sweep them off and whipe them down, without the poo or urine dripping down to the floor. I know they sell caulk and other things, but what is safe to be used in my chinchilla cages?

Sorry if its not clear what I'm asking, I'm having a hard time wording what I'm trying to say :wacko:

there was another couple of threads on this and i know they said not to use anything in between like caulk but instead to just put something underneath to catch whatever makes it through the cracks like fleece or plastic i think they said. another lady i saw (who i am planning on copying by the way. lol) used granite tiles in her fn 142 on both levels and it sounded like it worked pretty well. you just have to make sure that theyre pushed closed enough together so that there are no gaps for fingers or toes to get stuck in.

you just have to make sure that theyre pushed closed enough together so that there are no gaps for fingers or toes to get stuck in.

Thats another thing I'm worried about. My chinnies love to popcorn and play tag all night long, and I'd hate to wake up to a broken leg or missing toes(or worse!) because the tiles slid a bit and someone got snagged...

what im planning on doing with mine is just putting rolled up fleece around the edges to make sure its nice and tight for them

what im planning on doing with mine is just putting rolled up fleece around the edges to make sure its nice and tight for them

My guys would dig it up in a heart beat! I currently have fleece liners and I cute them large enough to wrap around the bottom of the tray and I have to duct tape them underneath, or they'll be balled up in a corner before I even start doing the next cage!

I have tile in my FN. It doesn't slide around if you cut it and set it in correctly. We have an old flat box under the tile to catch everything. The only issue is the poop that gets pushed against the door. It's hard to get that out the crack without it hitting the chin on the bottom of the FN. haha

Latest posts

Back