Thought I found a good deal......

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meiying

Chester & Jeffy
So, we went to Petland and saw this big bag of shavings with 3.0 cu.ft(expanded 8.0cu.ft) for $14.50
It says "Premium Softwood Shavings: Klin Dried Pine"....I guess I was so excited about the price and we bought it home.
When I opened it today, it did not smell like the last shavings i got ("Living World Kiln Dried pine"), it barely had any smell, plus it had very little dust... I used to sneeze ALOT while using "Living World Shavings" because it was so dusty, and today with the new shavings i did not sneeze or have running nose!!! So I was so happy !
But, when I looked closer, it reads "Premium Softwood Shavings: Klin Dried Pine AND SPRUCE".... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I did a little research online and most of the web sites say "Spruce" is not safe for chinchilla :wacko:
So..... i guess I will have to buy a new bag of shavings then........??
What do you guys think?

I think you should keep the bag you just bought. I've mistakingly have bought wrong wood shaving bedding for my chin before, never had a problem with it and decided to use up the bag seeing how it didn't bother her.

Maybe you can check Walmart for good deals on bedding, I've bought a huge bag of pine bedding for like $7 dollars.

Definetly try a feed store. I go to tractor supply and get the same size bag of pine for like $5. Walmart has the same thing for $6.

I agree try a feed store. 1 bag around 5.00 cleans my whole barn of 150 chinchillas. It will work wonders for 2 lol

Latest posts

Back