This cage....?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovinTheSmallAndFurry

This is an ad someone posted on Craigslist. Don't have chinchillas yet but am looking for cages so I'll be prepared.

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of cage, or used one? I looked in the forums and didn't find anything about it.

""""" Prevue Critter Cage, Model #495

* Pull-out bottom tray for easy cleaning
* Easy rolling casters
* Two doors for easy access to your pet
* Two ramps and shelves provide extra space and opportunity for exercise
* Ideal cage for rats and chinchillas, as well as baby ferrets
* Shelf underneath is handy for storing food and other supplies
* Product Dimensions: 31 x 20.5 x 40 inches high; 38.4 pounds """"

Of course I'd take out the ramps and shelves. She's selling it for $124.00. Good deal ??

Thanks!!!

I personally never pay more than half of retail if it's a used cage, but that's me, unless you factor in shipping, like with a FN cage, then I might pay a bit more, but not much.
If it's the make and model that Stephanie shared, maybe I'd go as high as $75 but it better be a nice cage in great condition!

The thing I really don't like about that particular cage is the floor grate, which consists of bars like you see on the rest of the cage. It would be really easy for a foot to get caught in that grate. I don't know if the grate is removable or not; if not, and you bought the cage, you'd definitely want to cover the floor with fleece or something to prevent leg injuries.

The thing I really don't like about that particular cage is the floor grate, which consists of bars like you see on the rest of the cage. It would be really easy for a foot to get caught in that grate. I don't know if the grate is removable or not; if not, and you bought the cage, you'd definitely want to cover the floor with fleece or something to prevent leg injuries.

Okay, thanks everybody! I think I'll just hold out for a better--and more reasonably priced--one, :)

I have this cage for my two chins!
Honestly I love it, the floor grate really isn't that far apart and is fine for their feet! Very easy to clean and my boys absolutley love it!

I had the FN 142 at first and I hated it, my own opinion though. It was wya too big for me and I didn't like the ugly green. This is a very nice cage for the price. A lot of people will try to talk you out of it because the door is too 'small' or the flooring is made of metal bars.

From personal use, the door is really large, it doesn't look it on the picture but it really is. The cage has an easy pull out drawer which makes life a whole lot easier because chins like to poop!
Very roomy and very sturdy cage! :)

Hope this helped!

I have this cage for my two chins!
Honestly I love it, the floor grate really isn't that far apart and is fine for their feet! Very easy to clean and my boys absolutley love it!

I had the FN 142 at first and I hated it, my own opinion though. It was wya too big for me and I didn't like the ugly green. This is a very nice cage for the price. A lot of people will try to talk you out of it because the door is too 'small' or the flooring is made of metal bars.

From personal use, the door is really large, it doesn't look it on the picture but it really is. The cage has an easy pull out drawer which makes life a whole lot easier because chins like to poop!
Very roomy and very sturdy cage! :)

Hope this helped!

I may have to reconsider the cage now, :D Thanks!

I think for the money you would be paying for that cage on ebay, I think it would be better to invest in a Ferret Nation 142. I, along with members on here, absolutely love this cage. The chinnies love it because it's so spacious! The doors open completely which makes cleaning easy and it's very sturdy. Also, they last for a very long time so you definitely get your moneys worth! :))

Thanks for the input. I really want an FN 142, but I may be getting some chinchillas very soon, and I dunno how long shipping on Amazon (or Ebay/etc.) takes...? Trying to find one locally, on Craigslist.

You could always get both cages. One on Craigslist as a temp, and then order your cage from Amazon. If you get chinchilla(s) vs just one, it's always best to have a back up cage anyhow in case they divorce each other.

Yeah, I'm planning to do that eventually. But I want to go ahead and get the Ferret Nation cause it can divide easily in case they start fighting....plus right now one cage is all I can afford.

Latest posts

Back