The Weirdest Thread

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meeko

This is so silly. Meeko and I are doing wonderfully, we're super good buddies. I was just wondering if any of you other chin owners have problems with extremely dry cracked mucous membranes in your face? I was wondering if maybe it has to do with chins rolling all around in the dust. I've never had problems like this, some of it is the climate change, but I have crazy split lips that are so painful! The inside of my nose is all scabbed up and I was just curious. I bought a humidifier that I hang out with all the time now, but I was thinking some of it could be because my little meatball loves his dust baths and he gets it everyyywhere.

Makes sense that the dust would be the culprit - chins use it to keep moisture down, after all. I have always had non allergic rhinitis, so when I give my girls a bath, I leave the room and let the air purifier on to suck up any overspray. Seems to help. Just don't leave them alone for more than 10 min with it or you may end up with a little mess :)

Latest posts

Back