The Trio is Expanding to a Quartet!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea

Well, they likely won't be living all together once our new girl arrives, but I will be the proud owner of four lovely ladies come August. I have wanted a dark tan since before I owned my first chinchilla and she will be coming to me after the Shindig. I haven't decided firmly on a name, but I think I have it down to either Alice or Urza. I haven't decided definitively if I will try intros after the quarantine period, but I likely won't as I don't think Scully would take to another chin on her territory and I definitely wouldn't want to disturb the trio's delicate balance! She has a twin sister, which is funny, because that means all of my chinchillas have been born in litters of twin girls! I have thought about bringing both of them home but I don't think hubby would agree to that, LOL! Maybe I can just say...hmm...look, there's an extra in here! :p

I am very interested to see how dark she becomes, because she was actually born lighter than her sister and is now quite a bit darker! Tans are very interesting in the way that they change color throughout the first few years. I think this will be my last chin for awhile...I would love to fill the basement with decked out chin mansions but that's my hubby's "man cave" and I'm lucky he has agreed to let me expand my "farm" as much as I have since we've been together ;)

Without further ado, here are a couple of photos of the little girl. I can't wait to meet her!

babygirl.jpg

twinz.jpg

If I do intro her and it goes well (likely not, but you never know) instead of a violet oreo, we will have a grape and peanut butter jelly sandwich on burnt toast...LOL!

I do believe I would be bringing home the sister too! The trio can stay a trio and you wouldn't have to worry about "peanut butter" being lonely. Your family would be complete without bonding worries from you! JMO! They are adorable and I would love to chin-nap the cookie part of your Oreo! Heck, "grape jelly" is a cutie pa tootie too. I'll take them all!:laughitup:

I think I'm just getting her...I will either try to integrate her or keep her solo. My hubby is convinced that they will all get along...me, not so much! Only time will tell. It would be great if they did!

Latest posts

Back