The Quils...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

theSimmer

Hey everyone. I just registered because I'm getting a hedgie soon. I was wondering if anyone can describe what the quils feel like...? It just seems odd... haha

Um... sharp. How sharp depends on the hedgie, the hedgie's age, the direction in which you're petting, and how huffy the hog is at the time. For example, my hedgie's quills can feel soft, kissable even. But if she's in a foul mood and I've just been washing dishes (ie, soft hands)... ouch!

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

That's a picture I took of my hedgies quills. They are very sharp if you hold them when they are huffy and it hurts me when I hold him when hes balled up. But when hes relaxed and his quills are laying down they are very soft.

The best description I've heard, that I agree with, is that when the quills are laying down flat and you stroke them head-to-tail, its as if brushing a soft-bristled brush. Riley lets me do this and its the only description that fits for me. I just love it. Oh, and his soft cheek and belly fur is so soft, that's the best. Like a small kitten or puppy soft.

My other hedgie, Whyte, is just plain painful. *sigh*:impatient:Some day he will give in, I'm telling you!

Latest posts

Back