the quad girl's new cage! :D

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbur10

not quite done needs fleece stuff and some more natural perches... but here it is... 6' long 2'wide 4' high
090.jpg

089-1.jpg

087.jpg

086.jpg

don't mind the poops right b4 cage clean ;)

very nice! i like the shelves around the bottom litter area.

(makes mental note to self to badger dad to help make a cage like this, lol)

Love the cage! I use a paint brush to sweep the poos off once or twice a day, works good.

Lol, I use vacuum. :p the girls look at it like what the heck, but they are so use to it after all these years they just sit and stare at it.

All kd pine, melamine base construction, the drawers are kd pine sides and a coroplast bottom sealed with non toxic silicon they can't chew the drawer sides either because of the ledges around the top of the pan. Whole thing is on wheels too, so getting under or behind it is easy as pie! :)

Wow that's amazing, how long did it take to make? I love the drawers. I want to make something like this one day for my chins!

Lol, I use vacuum. :p the girls look at it like what the heck, but they are so use to it after all these years they just sit and stare at it.

Haha. Mine are used to the sweeper too. One of my chins is actually intrigued by it and runs up wanted to play or something. I have to chase him away. LOL. Usually though, I wait until they are having playtime to sweep.

Love your cage! I just love the natural perches added to it! Great job!

Boy do they look unhappy with that cage lol! Great job! I love the natural perches!

Wow that's amazing, how long did it take to make? I love the drawers. I want to make something like this one day for my chins!

Honestly, I dontquite remember... I was working on it for a week solid, prob took me some thing like 30 to 40 hours total, the prep time took the longest, measuring marking, then cutting each piece took forever, each part of the door frame was cut from a solid pine board, 2" pieces 3'long, every cut was made with a circular saw, and for the larger cuts I used a piece of guide wood... Witch basically means make ur cut line, measure 5" over and strap down a straight board for the circ saws metal plate to smoothly move along, that way theres no crooked saw lines and every thing is smooth n perfect...
Making the door panels, and drawers took the longest by far, and piecing together 4 pieces of melamine while holding them all together bymy self was a pain in the but, I gotta say I didn't breath cuz if I had I prob would have been crushed when they all toppled over, thankfully nothing toppled but it was nerve raking to say the least, lol.
Total cost of the cage with all hardwear n material... 280$

Thank you for all the kind words every one ! I worked my but off on this one, and the girls define deserve it, and are enjoying it!

Back