The Kritter Castle Cage from exoticnutrition.com

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigsy08

So,
I've been researching cages for my chinchilla, Rigs. The cage he came to me with is in bad shape, is kind of on the small side, and has plastic shelves. I was having a hard time finding a cage that I really like within my price range. I've seen that most people use a FN/CN cage but I don't like the idea of the divided levels (granted, it comes in handy when needing to seperate chins).I want a cage that is open with lots of space so I can get creative. I came across www.exoticnutrition.com and really like the whole idea of their Kritter Castle cage! Its big and roomy, heavy duty, looks appealing, has nice features, and is reasonably priced. (I want to upload a link or pic but not sure how to from my phone).

The only problem is that the site does not provide any customer reviews of their products. Have any of you ever bought a cage or anything else from this site and have any input? Or do any of you have an opinion on whether or not I should purchase this cage?

Also, they have a shelf and ladder kit that can be purchased separately. I wouldn't use the ladders but the shelves are full metal rather than wire. What are your opinions on this option rather than wooden shelves?

Thanks for looking and I really appreciate any input!

You don't have to use the divider. I take mine out and set up the inside. Critter nations and ferret nations are the golden standard. The link you put leads to the website not the specific cage.

I think it looks fine, but keep in mind that you would need to take out those ramps asap and install a lot of your own ledges to make the space more dynamic. Personally, for the price I would just get a double FN on sale since they have a long, solid reputation and I know the bars are strong enough to support whatever I throw in there, but I don't see why this one couldn't be turned into an awesome cage

Thanks for the input! I wasn't aware that the middle divider could be removed. I actually visited a local country max this week and they had a double ferret nation all set up so I got to see it up close. It was also on sale for $150! If its still there after I get paid this week I will be bringing it home :)

Critter castle cage

I got the critter castle cage and love it! Works great! Just wish I know how to get my kit to go pee in one spot!

Latest posts

Back