The I'm NOT a breeder-s

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Encantadora

LvL Chinchillas
In regards to a handful of "Im not a breeder and you don't understand" inquiries from this month... When of course they want a pair of chins and "if babies show up that's fine."

There is a difference and I do understand.

I am a breeder and I consider myself to be in the category of "thoughtful" breeders. There is a difference and this is the biggest one between you and me.

I understand the risks I am taking-- possible birthing issues, babies that need intervention, and unsightly disasters. Because I try to research as much as I can. And planned ahead for these things.

I to put my pairs together and if babies happen, they happen. Well, kind of. I started with nice bloodlines and animals with breeding potential. They have what it takes to benefit the species.

And while I wait for "if it happens" I planned ahead and prepared for that day with maternity supplies and proper caging for each stage. I invested what I needed to in order to be prepared for the chance of babies.

You have done little to none of this. So as a breeder, one who allows babies to be born by deciding to pair up parents, I suppose you would have to bear the title of un-thoughtful. And the reputation you carry with it.

Sadly this happens with so many pets chinchillas, cats , dogs ect... some people in society just throw them together and then we have so many unwanted pets looking for homes...I think it can be very scary not being prepared for random/spur of the moment breeding of any specials its very costly, time consuming , and sometimes very stressful for the pets and owners it takes a few seconds to breed for some but the animals have a whole life to live ahead of them and some end up having sick sad lives :(

Back