The "Humble" Member.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost11

I should of said "hi" to everyone days ago. :) Weeks ago really.

My name is Frost11, please call me Frost. I am originally from Texas. But, I currently reside in Colorado. I have been following this forum for weeks now preparing for the love of my life. A Chinchilla.

I finally chose my prefect Chinchilla 2 days ago. I didn't get a great look at him when I picked him up.. It was a rushed ordeal but I knew he was the right one.

I named my beautiful boy "Solar". I was told when I purchased him that he was 5 yrs old.

Since day one Solar had a "tilt" and a watery eye. Ate and drank fine. Didn't enjoy toys but I was told he never had any in his rat size cage either.

Solar and I went to the vet today, Solar weighs 480 grams. He is NOT 5 years old. He is more around 2. He is missing 3 teeth in the front, after being put under anesthesia and having a head x-ray. Solar was close to having to be euthanized. He has 2 teeth that are rotten, the bones surrounding the teeth are missing structure. The doctor could remove the teeth but 2 things could happen his small face could cave in or he would fracture his jaw when biting down.

You may be asking why I am putting this into introductions. Because this is who I am.. I am the person who is humbled by the small sweet animal and it's behind the scenes story. The Chinchilla who has forever changed my life. I cried today, sobbed really. For a little guy I have known for 2 whole days, because someone didn't feed him the right foods and house him the right way. Maybe, this is in the wrong section but if you read it thinking you will meet someone new and it makes you ask an extra question than I am a good new humble person.

Thank you everyone for reading. I appreciate your time. I really do.

Oh, Frost,
I'm soooo sorry, I'm sure more will state so too. We've all lost someone, the one that really took our heart or our first. I hope you'll look for your next and use some info from here to find a better source. Again, I'm soooo sorry, nothing else will make it right but we've felt your pain.

God bless,
Sue

Hi and a warm welcome to you. We're happy to have you and Solar here and it sounds like Solar has now found the perfect forever home. Best of luck to Solar. I hope he stays healthy for you and you get to enjoy his company for years to come!

I'm sorry things are turning out this way for you :(.

I understand the pain of having an animal for only a short time. I had a dog I adopted I had for nine days before he had to be euthanized due to kidney failure.

Even in a short time they make you fall in love with them.

I hope your boy gets better.

Thank you, they say he has 3 years. I will be grateful for these up coming years with my little guy. We will be taking vet visits together every 3 months for the rest of his life. I just adore him. "Here's to 3 years Solar. I <3 You".

Hi Frost.I'm so sorry that your first dip into the world of chinnies has to be so hard but let me give you a big cyber hug for having such a loving kind heart. Please always know that you can be a blessing to someone or something just with the simplest act of kindness that may take seconds, minutes, months or years. Already for the brief time you and Solar have been together you have touched each other.You have already shown him more love, care and compassion than he has probably ever known or will know. Hold that tight to your heart and cherish the blessing that you are to each other. You were brought into each other's heart and lives for a reason. God Bless. You and Solar will be in our prayers through this journey. The Hundred Acre Wood Gang

:hug4:

I am so sorry the beginning of your love for chins starts with a dental chin, my heart goes out to you.

Welcome to the forum, Frost. This is a great place for information, and there are a lot of people here who can help you along the way if you have any questions or concerns. I'm glad to hear that your little guy found his way to you, and can live out the rest of his life in a home where he is loved and will be well cared for. <3

Frost, I am so sorry your little man came so sick! It sounds like he has found the perfect home and hopefully you will be able to give him the TLC that he needs. It's funny how these furry creatures touch us so deeply. My girls and I wish you the best of luck and many, happy, healthy years for you and your little one!!

Back