The fun stuff you get to clean

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Saide

I'm looking for the best kind of stuff to put on the bottom of my chins home.

Cedar is right out, I know that much. What is the best brand/kind? Which does your chin enjoy most?

If you mean bedding you can use aspen, KD Pine shavings.. or carefresh (but it's a bit more expensive).. you can also use fleece liners too which you can just shake off and throw them into the wash. I find for the houses and such, it's more comfortable for them to have fleece pillows or something of the sort. I know Alli713 among other members makes fleece items.

Our feed store has a covered haybarn and lets me pick up loose hay off the floor, I put it in a big garbage sack. I love it for bedding. I put it about 4 inches deep, they never eat it they prefer their yummy timmy.

Thanks!

you can also use fleece liners too which you can just shake off and throw them into the wash. I find for the houses and such, it's more comfortable for them to have fleece pillows or something of the sort. I know Alli713 among other members makes fleece items.

I actually went out and bought a bunch of fleece tonight to make hammocks, toy, and a fun fleece lined pvc pipe. I'll just make some liners too. Thanks so much!

Some folks who use fleece liners also use litter boxes for their chins. You can use a heavy glass baking pan as the litter box, and put in kiln dried pine shavings, aspen shavings, pelleted KD pine, or pelleted aspen bedding as the litter. The pine pellets have worked great here in the past for guinea pigs & rabbits.

Just a suggestion,
~Barb~

I Love my fleece liners. They dont stink and you can just shake them outside and throw them in the washer :)

Thanks so much for all the advice! I'm loving the Fleese liners too! I do a jeans load ever monday and friday and plan to just rotate the two along with them. Is that often enough?

i clean my liners once a week but they can be cleaned every other day if your up to it. lol mine dont start to stink for about a week

Just some advise, if you choose to go with Carefresh, make sure they don't eat it, while it works wonders on smell, my chins ate it so I had to stop using it. I use fleece liners now that my mom made.

Jean

Latest posts

Back