The Chinchilla Mansion Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ChrisSmith1980

Just wanted to see everones Quality Cage Chinchilla Mansion.I have one but havent took pics yet but will soon

I have Quality cage Chinchilla Townhomes ( I hope I'm still in the club :neener:). I posted some pics here http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8236 (it's not a final setup, but will give an idea).

wow I love the cutout pan. Did you special order it from QC? Your fleece house is so cute! I am also trying to make a long ledge from a wide wood branch like the one you have in your cage...

Im debateing on selling my QC cage and getting a farret nation.What do you guys think?

Thank you amberlin! Yes, I special ordered the pan with a cutout.

I think queen Autumn, girly girl Coco ,Jacob and Sir will be happy when you install long ledges from a wood branch. My chins absolutely love apple branches.

And I made the fleece house myself!

Mansion pics

Here are some pics of mine. I change it up every so often so some of the configurations are different. Currently they have the 3 flowered tubes.

Attachments

• Cage 001.jpg
    Cage 001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Cage 013.jpg
    Cage 013.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 165
  • Cage 003.jpg
    Cage 003.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 151
  • Cage 006.jpg
    Cage 006.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 164
few more

and a few more

Attachments

• Cage 005.jpg
    Cage 005.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Cage 011.jpg
    Cage 011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Chinchillas09 033.jpg
    Chinchillas09 033.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Chinchillas09 032.jpg
    Chinchillas09 032.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 103
sheri7 - Those are GREAT pictures, your cage is awesome! On the hanging toy, is that a coconut? How big are those fleece tubes?

Thanks Dana!

I do try to spoil them. I really want to get a daybed next and maybe a fleece house. I've tried hammocks but they don't really use those.

Yes, that is coconut, although my girls could care less about it. 2 of the tubes are approx 8x8 and the other is 6wx10L. They love their tubes and are always in them!

By the way I got the two 8x8 tubes and the bridge from cat75. She was even so kind as to make me 2 extra fleece covers. Sometimes I arrange them together so they make 1 gigantic tube. Its like that in one of the pics but its kind of hard to tell from the angle.

The 6x10 tube is from alli713.

I've ordered losts of stuff from both of them and they really sell quality stuff.

Just thought I'd give them a plug!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting beds in my new cage, but I don't know if there will be enough room. I have a FN 142 and have it split it two for my boys and girl.

I wish I could order from everyone! :D Every time I log on, I find more things I want from different people. I'm about to purchase a 6X8 tube and some hay holders from someone on here, I'm sure they'll be great :)

My chinchilla mansion

I found a good addition to the cage to be a good size piece of manzanita (or whatever chinchilla safe wood you have where you live). It really helps the cage not feel so "empty" and gives it a natural look to it. My girl loves jumping off of the wood too. Since this picture I have added a PVC tube w/ fabric and a flying saucer. (I can post new pics if your interested.)

Attachments

• IMG_8399.jpg
    IMG_8399.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 113
rebeccab, its not as slick as it looks, but its not a real grainy wood either. My chins don't climb it, they more use it as a "hopping ledge" from shelf to shelf (not to mention a gigantic chew toy). I also have found my girl perched up, sitting on it near the base.

It's a thick branch and I had to put it at a fairly flat angle...too steep and it could be a falling hazard.

Sheri7, where did you get the bending wood bridge thing? I'd love to get one.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back