that's the time I dreaded... we have to make the call

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I loved reading about Boing. It was so very apparent how much you love him.

I'm very sorry about that Karine, I wish he'll go softly and with no suffering.

Can I ask you the name of that tooth doctor? PM me, I'd love to know about that vet.

I'll try to look intoo the paper to fin the Dr's name tomorow. He must be new cause he's not listed on the website.

I'm sorry that you had to make this decision Karine. Poor little guy. I hope it's as painless and peaceful as possible.

I would not allow him to be left with a stranger. It would be one thing if they wanted to perform a necropsy on him after he was gone and learn from it, but I would not allow one of my chins to become some type of experimental guinea pig.

It is probably for the best to just put the poor guy down even though it is so hard. However I do want to mention that in the UK, they are doing root canals (taking out the roots altogether) on chins with lower teeth root problems with success. I don't know if this is what the vet is trying to do
I am sorry so you have to go thru this - I know eventually I will have to have my Rachel put down also because of teeth problems It is so sad.

I went to play with him tonight and he was strangely afectionate and climbed on us a lot more than he used to. He looks happier, I guess that's because Sébastien (my ex) told him about it and he kinda knows he will be in a better place tomorow.

I don't have any regrets not putting him under extensive surgery. Acording to the Dr, he would have needed it at least twice a year on top of filing. Sébastien (and I) don't have money for that and we truly felt that puting him trough this wasn't the right thing. At least he got almost 3 "bonus" years of beeing spoiled with us. In december, that would have marked the 3rd years we'd rescued him.

That certainly shouldn't sound like the root canal thing. - So sorry for your lost but you are right tomorrow he will be in a better place and free of pain. Eventually you will meet him at the Rainbow Bridge and a happy reunion will take place. Huggs to you

Latest posts

Back