temperature/moving problems

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffybut

My only chin is having some problems, well me AND him. My A/C recently went out because my mom couldn't pay the bill. So I moved my chin downstairs into the basement. Although my bedroom is on the top floor so he was a little shaken by the big move. I had to go away for a while to my dads house because the electric was out and they didn't want me sleeping in the dark,and when I came back he just wouldn't move! I tried giving him snack and scratching his sweet spot but nothing happened so I held him and he seemed better. but then I moved him the my finished side of my basement and he froze again! he just, well something is wrong but he is pooping so I don't think he is sick or anything. so I assume this has happened to someone else before and in case the A/C ever goes out again I would like the hear some suggestions to either prevent this or ways to snap him out of it faster. Thanks!

-Fluffybut :)

He could be having a heat stroke. How warm is it in your basement?

You could keep him in your car with it running and the A/C on until it gets fixed, or get a small cage and take it to a friend's home temporarily.

I moved my chin to a completely new apartment and he showed none of those symptoms. The symptoms you are describing sound like heat stroke, which is fatal. Get him into a place with A/C ASAP and get him some chin chillers while you are on the way

Last edited:
I've moved my chins from room to room before and none of them (9 at the time) had the symptoms you described.

If the A/C goes out, I'd suggest getting a temp cage for him so you can take him to your dads (if his house as A/C) or another relative or close friend.
Or maybe get a generator that is big enough to run a window ac unit for your chin.

How is he doing now?

Latest posts

Back