teeth question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymilo

hey everyone...i just have a question about my chinny's teeth...i know that teeth are suppose to be a orange hue with no white spots or stripes...the other day i was checking her teeth and noticed that they are a nice orange however the two front teeth have a white stripe where they meet the next teeth in the mouth...so not where the two front teeth meet each other but where they meet the next tooth over....and it's only white in the crevice where the teeth meet? i hope that made sense....is that normal though? I got her at almost 6 months...until then she had not received any hay...treats...toys to chew...only a pellet (not sure which one) and dirty dirty water....i now have her on oxbow pellets and oxbow timothy hay and orchard grass...eats and poops and pees great...i have not had any problems with her yet...she is a very easy chin who loves pretty much anything lol...she has lava bites, wood toys, pumice, apple sticks, willow balls etc to chew and she does...so i am wondering what could be wrong? i bought the tums chewable tablets (fruit flavored is that ok) to give because i read about calcium...but i know the adverse effects of too much calcium also like kidney stones...i havent given her any yet i just have then as just in case....any help is appreciated...thanks :)

Latest posts

Back