Tape on Carrier

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caiti

I usually put Chloe in her QC carrier when I clean her cage out on the weekends. I never noticed this until a week or so ago, but some of the pieces of the carrier are covered in clear tape. Not the wire, but metal pieces around some of the wire (hard to describe). She was biting the bars, which is normal, then I noticed her pawing at her mouth. I looked closer and saw there was a small piece of tape stuck to her front teeth. I helped her get it out, but I cannot for the life of me pick off every last piece of tape on the carrier...I tried.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

That is a good idea. I never thought of vinegar. I've just been trying to peel it off. Do you think vinegar will get all the adhesive off? I'm worried about adhesive left behind that Chloe would eat.

vinegar should get the adhesive off yes, i would just keep soaking it up in vinegar till all the adhesive and such was off.

I haven't tried it, hehe. I had a paper due yesterday and am lazy. I'll probably do it sometime over the weekend.

So the vinegar did help. I think if I had some steel wool (couldn't find any--swear I had some somewhere...), or used baking soda, or let it soak for longer, it would get everything off completely. So far all the tape is off but there are a few places where the adhesive is still stuck. Much better though, thanks!

try windex and then rinsing it before Chloe gets in. I use windex on price tags on photo frames because some dodo ALWAYS puts the price tag on the glass :(

Back