Table saw or Miter Saw?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinder and Me

~Scuba Chick~
Which do you think is more useful when building things for a cage (i.e. shelves, ledges, houses)?

My dad has both and he said I could "borrow" one for long term. lol

Which is most useful?

(The table saw is a 10" and the miter saw is a 12")

Definitely take both. Haha. If you have to choose one and know how to use it, the table saw will do everything you need and miter saw has some limitations. I use my miter saw to cut boards to length but if I didn't have one I could do everything on a tablesaw....just be safe!

LOL I wish! ;)

OK, so a table saw would be more universal? If I was just cutting boards to length, the table saw won't split/tear the wood? Or is that only an issue if you have a worn out blade?

Oh, find out if the width of board you want to cut can be done one your dads miter saw. Otherwise you have to flip the board after a partial cut. And if you do, it won't be neat so table saw might be better if that's the case.

Just my thoughts... I have a table saw, but I don't have any of the guides to push the wood up against, so I end up with crooked cuts, cause apparently I can't cut straight through a piece of wood. Wouldn't have that problem with a miter saw as you push the wood all the way back flat and then cut.

Oh and both my table saws can do bevel cuts. I want to say there's no specific angle markations, so if you were going for a 40" angle, you'd just have to cut and adjust the angle of the blade until you got it right, but just wanted to note that both my table saws can do the bevel cuts. I dunno if they all can, but some can.

Latest posts

Back