Sweetest chin ever

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend works at the shelter, that is how I found out about him. She came over thanksgiving weekend and took pictures of him to take back to the "vet". I have had bad run ins with this so called vet before. My russian tortoise "lucy" was a rescue from the same shelter. She was very constipated and he wanted to kill her to. But now, a year later she is doing wonderfully. I will make sure he hears about how wonderful hercules is doing. I'm normally very docile.... But people like that piss me off!

Sounds like someone who should be put down herself seeing as she obviously has some sort of obstruction up her *** ;) Can't be much quality of life there.

He is doing really well. He saw the vet on friday, I took him to have x-rays on his stump..... Not knowing how he lost it I wanted to make sure everything looked ok. The break on his leg was nit a clean break, but, it has already healed. So the vet and I decided that if it doesn't bother him there is no sence in going to surgery or anything. He is doing great, he loves to run on the chin spin..... He forgets sometimes to slow down before trying to stop...... So he trips. But he is learning. He ate his first rosehip yesterday, he wouldn't even touch then before. it was funny watching him discover something new. My scale broke last week so I haven't been able to weigh him yet but he seems much "fuller" then when I got him. I will update pics hopefully tommorow. P.s through some intensive grooming ask his matts are gone!

New pics of hercules!

Attachments

• 2010-12-06_12-30-12_393.jpg
    2010-12-06_12-30-12_393.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 2010-12-06_12-29-56_2.jpg
    2010-12-06_12-29-56_2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 2010-12-06_12-29-43_119.jpg
    2010-12-06_12-29-43_119.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 65
:laughitup:I think the lighter fur above his eyes makes him look like an old man with bushy eyebrows!

He is still small, I think he always will be, but he looks much better. He is such a cuddler! I can't wait to introduce him to my other boys.... Just a little bit longer...

this made my day :) you are really nice. I am sure the chinchilla is really happy

I've just been looking at old threads and came across this one...

That was very nice of you to take in Hercules. Thank goodness you did, otherwise, who knows where he might be!

He looks great! I never would have guessed that his left front foot was missing!
I hope you and Hercules are doing well as it's been quite a while since the last post and update on Hercules!

Ditto what Rebecca said...I'd never seen this thread before.

It's amazing the kind of neglect/trauma animals can go through, only to end up being the sweetest pets around (my Biscuit is a prime example).

He looks great, and I sure as heck hope that vet has wised up a little. :wacko:

How is Hercules doing by the way?

stories like Hercules being rescued by someone like you always warms my heart =) so glad you took him in! Hope he is doing well! There is this youtube chinchilla owner who used to own a 3 legged chin as well and he looks perfectly fine..

here's a video of "Lucky, the 3 legged chin!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyQIVpH6D8k

awww he looks alot like my kishi!
she's small too, she's a "skinny "chinnie even tho she eats like a cup of food a day!

Back