Sweetest chin ever

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narcissus

Today we made an emergency 2 hour trip to save the sweetest chin ive ever met! My friend works at an animal shelter about 130 miles away. She called and told me that someone dropped off a chin in a hamster cage... Just left him on the front step. He is missing hus left front foot so the "vet" decided he should be euthanized. My friend asked if I would take him and OF COURSE I SAID YES! (I'm a sucker for chinnies). We immediatly drive the 2 hour drive to go pick him up. Upon arrival the "vet" told me "it is pointless for you to take it. Chinchilla missing a foot won't live a month." I ever so nicely told him the chins survive all the time missing limbs and that I would love to have him. His reply was "whatever, your wasting your time" but........ On a happier note..... He is the sweetest chin ever! I couldn't stand him crying so I held him while my husband drove. He snuggled with me all the way home! Even now, I have him quarantined in my room and I have to have my fingers I'm the cage so he can snuggle or he makes the sadest noise. He is so sweet! We named him hercules!

Attachments

• 2010-11-22_22-44-23_211.jpg
    2010-11-22_22-44-23_211.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
No he isn't my first chin. I had to get up this morning and immediatly make him a "snuggle buddy" (thank goodness i had some fleece. He really hates to be alone

What a great rescue story! Congrats! I am so glad you saved such a sweet chin. He must love the attention you are giving him

Aww he's so adorable! Glad he has a chance now to live a better and full life! (SOME VET, GEEZ!) Congrats :)

It is so great to hear that this chin gets a second chance at life! It sounds like he found the perfect home!

He is so cute! And I love his name. I immediatley thought of that Eddie Murphy movie *forget the title* where he is dressed up like a lady and chanting, "Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!" lol!

As for the "Vet", wow, just wow. I think you should call him in a month or so and say, "By the way, that Chin you wrote off as dead is very much alive and doing great!"

That's awesome!! I'm so happy this little baby went to a loving and knowledgeable home. He must have been so scared!
Please keep us updated on how he does! Pictures pictures pictures!

His injury must be old because he is all healed up. He is very thin he only weighed 354g. At first I thought he was small because he was young. But when you his him you can feel how thin he is. He ate quite a but last night and drank a ton if water. He has a mat of hair under his chin, I'm assuming he hadn't bathed in a long time. He was so funny when put the bath is his cage. Anybody have any ideas on how to get the mat out of his fur?

He is so cute! And I love his name. I immediatley thought of that Eddie Murphy movie *forget the title* where he is dressed up like a lady and chanting, "Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!" lol!

The Nutty Professor. ;)

And he is just too cute! :)) He is very lucky that you rescued him! That vet is a moron.

Thank you for saving him. He looks like such a love. As for his mat you can try a dust bath and gently pulling on it. If you need any help i would contact Essentia. She's had a few rescues come in with mats.

Congrats! I am so glad you were able to rescue him! I also have a chin missing a foot and she seems to cope with it very well.

Hercules is doing very well! He is still quarantined in my bedroom, but he can hear the other chins some nights when they get barking pretty loud and he calls back to them. He is looking better. I've ben giving him some critical care to help him fatten up. Anybody have any ideas on what else would help him gain some weight?

I'm so glad you took him in!!!

Ask that nutty vet what odds he would give a chin with only 2 legs??? And then invite him to contact me and let me tell him about my Little Two Paws Shakur -- he's been getting along just fine for a couple of years!!!

Animals are so adaptable and so much more accepting of their circumstances-- they don't know that they are supposed to have 4 legs -- they just make do with what they have!!!

Your baby is very lucky to have found you.

Back